Access Statement for The Blenheim Buttery
The Buttery is a 6 bedroom guest house in the centre of Woodstock. We aim to offer quality bed and breakfast services to all our visitors. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to contact us.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- You can contact us by telephone, fax and email (detailed above).
- Information can be found on our website: www.theblenheimbuttery.co.uk
- The nearest bus stop is on Oxford Road a few minutes walk away.
- The nearest train station is Hanborough Railway Station and is about a 10 minute drive from Woodstock.
- The nearest long stay car park is on Hensington Road. Street parking is available on Oxford Street, Market Street, Rectory Lane & High Street.
- Menus and information can be provided in larger print by prior arrangement.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The Blenheim Buttery can be accessed during the restaurant opening hours via the front door, at all other times the side door is available for residents to use.
- Over night the side door can only be accessed with your room key so residents must have checked in on their first night before 8pm (6pm on Sundays) unless late check in has been arranged prior to their arrival.
- We have no private car park.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- The reception area is located on the ground floor, as you come through the side door it is on the right hand side.
- Staff are on duty from 8am until 6pm (6pm on Sundays). Out of these hours an on duty member of staff can be contact by calling 01865 811950.
Public Areas - WC
- To access the rooms residents must walk out into the courtyard and go up a flight of stairs, a hand rail in place.
- Internal stairways and corridors are carpeted and well-lit.
- Breakfast is served in The Blenheim Buttery Restaurant downstairs on the ground floor.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
- Ground floor public toilets can be found off the side corridor opposite the reception door.
- All bedrooms are en-suite.
- Breakfast is served downstairs between 8.00am and 10.00am, Monday to Friday, and 8:00am until 10.00am on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- Early continental breakfast can be arranged upon request and with prior notice.
- Menus can be provided in larger print.
- Tables and chairs can be moved on request.
- Lunches, Cream Teas and Evening Meals are available in The Blenheim Buttery Restaurant.
- An iron and ironing board can be obtained from reception.
- The Blenheim Buttery is a short walk from all the town centre shops.
- The Post Office is on 2. Park Street, just across the road.
- Co-Op supermarket is on 38-40 High Street, a few minutes walk.
- The nearest public leisure facilities are at The Chipping Norton Leisure Centre, Burford Road, Chipping Norton.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
- In good weather tables and chairs are available for outside dining in the courtyard.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- There are 6 bedrooms, all with individual keys.
- All rooms are fitted with free broadband access points, telephone, flat screen digital TV, hair dryer, TV/coffee making facilities and are en-suite with bath and/or shower. Reception can provide the loan of a cable to connect your laptop to our broadband access points.
- Room 6 has a sofa which can be turned into a bed if required.
- Each room has wardrobe, dressing table and chairs.
- All rooms are carpeted and have matching curtains and bed spreads.
- Extra blankets can be found in the wardrobe.
- Extra pillows are available on request.
- Furniture can be moved on request.
- Cots can be hired with prior notice.
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- All rooms have toilets and sinks with mirrors and shaver points.
- Rooms 2, 3, 4 & 5 have shower cubicles with no bath.
- Rooms 1 & 6 have baths with attached showers.
- Complimentary bath items can be found in each bathroom.
- Bath towels and hand towels are provided.
- Bath mats are provided.
- The local visitor information centre is in The Oxfordshire Museum on Park Street and provides information on local places of interest.
- We are a non-smoking establishment.
- Fire extinguishers can be found on all levels.
- Mobile phone reception is generally good.
- Our top floor is up 2 flights of stairs, no lift is available.
- We have no ground floor rooms.
- Guests are asked to ensure they take their keys with them, especially in the evening as they are needed in order to gain access to the building after the restaurant has closed.
Address: 7. Market Place, Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1SY
Telephone: 01865 811950
Fax: 01865 811950
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve; if you have any comments please email: firstname.lastname@example.org